Our roots

Situated beside the pilgrimage and hiking path to Pietralba, the Pfösl has always been farmed by hospitable people. Around 1950 Anton Zelger rebuilt the farmhouse to an inn. In 1996 Herta and Luis Zelger, which took the establishment over, upgraded the inn with diligence and commitment to a 4-star hotel.

Today the next generation is conducting the hotel. In 2004 the whole parterre was redesigned and the traditional house was refined with a modern-alpine design. Finished in the year 2007, the modern suite-wing was carefully integrated into the environment and built of glass and wood. Classy and innovative gastronomy mixed with its original character such as the cultivation of the farm, makes the Pfösl unmistakable.

In the year 2010 we built our new Nature Spa. The new building (Klimahouse A+) is characterised not only by energy saving but also by the ecological construction and the utilisation of renewable energies for heat generation. The new building reflects another focal point of the Pfösl: the close touch with nature and sustainability.
  • 1510, first naming of the Pfösl
  • The old oven from 1730
  • 1950 The farmer house turns to a guesthouse
  • 1970-2004 Rebuilding to a hotel with 60 beds
  • 2004 Modernisation in the whole hotel
  • 2007-2010 New building with suites
  • 2010 New Nature Spa and wellness area
  • 2015 New Junior suites in the main building